Out With the Old? Moving Photos

Photo of MacBook, external drives
New Year, new resolutions!

After two years of stalling, for fear of losing all of my photos, I finally took the plunge and backed up then moved most of them to external hard drives and the cloud.

Why bother?  My computer needed a system update and I had no room for it, and I really wanted to stop seeing those Google messages about no longer supporting my browser.  After Olympic reading sessions, pouring over reviews, and figuring out the process, I was able to backup the computer to one external, then move the library to a second external drive, and next up is backing up the computer to the cloud.  I've ordered additional RAM to speed things up as Yosemite tends to slow things down, and may even switch out the hard drive with a SSD one.  

The end of the tunnel here and my MacBook is coming out into the light unscathed.  The computer accepted the updated OS without a hiccup, and now I have more room for more storage.  Life is good.  Now I can get back to painting. 

What's your New Year's Resolution?  Go for it!

Comments