Grocery Store Blooms: 30 in 30

"Yellow Spring"  6 x 6  Oil on Board

OK, it's finally happened.  I can't remember the common name of this flowering plant--hence the dumb title.  Is that what happens when you paint too much?  Must be all the VOC's going to my head.  They are not fragrant flowers, but they do perk you up on a dull Winter day just to see them.  I post this with apologies to Gregg Kreutz, Nancy Guzik, and Rosemary Ladd.  Refresher needed on how to keep track of petals!  For a lesson in humility, paint flowers.  Not for sissies!
Update:  Liz Falconer, a friend with a very green thumb solved the mystery--they are primroses!

Comments

  1. I love this ... its beautiful. Primroses are like you said, a great way to perk you up in the middle of winter. You did a wonderful job on the yellow in this painting. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is lovely. It's super cold here and some flowers like these would really perk me up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment