Carol Marine Takes a Well-deserved Break from Painting

On March 24th, Carol Marine posted a painting and said,
"I've decided to take a break from painting. I have to admit I've seen painting as a job for a while. Rather than being excited about getting into my studio I've been apprehensive, and that's not good. I have a whole list of other things I've been wanting to do, and I've given myself permission to do them until I get bored - until I can't WAIT to paint again. I don't know how long it will take, but I will keep you posted. I have one more painting tucked away to post and then I'm out."


It was a surprise to read that [http://carolmarine.blogspot.com/], but if you've followed her work and her travails, you may think this is a great time for her to just take a break and breathe.  Her brand new studio and home in Bascomb, Texas burned to the ground in a wildfire.  She and her husband and child escaped with a truck and camper and not much else.  They have decided to relocate to the Pacific Northwest, and through it all, she kept painting, teaching workshops all over the country, blogging, inspiring a lot of painters, with an amazing attitude.  


If you are interested in her work, her books, or you'd like to try to get into one of her workshops (most are full),go here:  Carol Marine - Artist - Home    


If you'd like to hear a podcast interview Leslie Saeta and Dreama Tolle Perry did with her, go here and check the link:  Artists Helping Artists http://artistshelpingartistsblog.blogspot.com/  and look for the January 27th show. 


Carol, here's to you.  Happy R & R!  

Comments